Blog posts by my pastor at Crossroads Church in Lansing, Noah Filipiak,
- Should we read Genesis literally?
- 11/1 Creationism Origin Summit @MSU: Christians wrong in so many ways
General faith resources & apologetics:
These resources inspired me to speak out in my church community and write blog posts of my own:
- Can science disprove religion?
- Believing in creation, believing in evolution
- A highly improbable flood
- Many more to come.
In case I needed one final kick of encouragement, the Ecological Society of America 2015 meeting in Baltimore, MD featured an entire day of talks about "Ecologists and Faith & Justice Communities: A Journey from Antagonism to Earth Stewardship Partnerships for the Next Century," as well as a Christian-ecologist brown bag lunch and an evening discussion session. It was connections made at these events that inspired this resource page and will hopefully continue to foster this dialogue into the future.
Resources brought up at ESA:
The Au Sable Institute, promoting the vision for "a global community equipped with environmental knowledge, skills, and ethics to faithfully and fearlessly pursue the Christian vision of a flourishing earth."
The American Scientific Affiliation, an international network of Christians in the sciences.
Recommended by Dorothy Boorse:
- When God and Science Meet (free for download online!) By the National Association of Evangelicals, "now there’s a resource to inspire and inform your evangelical voice with trusted insight as you explore the surprising discoveries of agreement."
- The Well by Intervarsity, a gathering place for women in graduate school and beyond
Recommended by David Lodge:
- Nature News, Faith and science can find common ground
- Religion and the New Ecology: Environmental Responsibility in a World in Flux, eds. David Lodge & Christopher Hamlin
- Finding Darwin's God & Only a Theory by Kenneth R. Miller, professor of biology at Brown University
Recommended by Charlie Davis of the Natural History Society of Maryland:
- New York Times, Faith vs. Fact?
Recommended by other students:
- Sermons by Greg Boyd (E.K.)
- Paradigms on Pilgrimage: Creationism, Paleontology and Biblical Interpretation by Stephen J. Godfrey & Christopher R. Smith (H.W.)
- The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate by John H. Walton
- The Lost World of Adam and Eve: Genesis 2-3 and the Human Origins Debate by John H. Walton
- The Big Questions in Science and Religion by Keith Ward
- Surprised by Scripture: Engaging Contemporary Issues by N.T. Wright